Episode where Jerry dates a woman who keeps "looking different"?
CatWalker
2005-12-12 00:00:16 UTC
My brother and I are stumped as to which Seinfeld episode featured
Jerry dating a woman who would look differently depending on where they
went to dinner. So Jerry kept trying to meet her in a restaurant where
she was seen "in a good light". That just cracked us up. Can anyone
help us out?

I really appreciate it.

CatWalker.
w***@yahoo.com
2005-12-12 00:09:11 UTC
Don't know the name, but it's the one with Festivus. And the one where
George gives everyone at his office a gift in the form of a donation to
"The Human Fund." Also in this one, Kramer goes back to work at a
bagel shop.
J***@hotmail.co.uk
2005-12-12 00:37:00 UTC
From www.tv.com/show/112/episode_guide.html&printable=1
Episode 166. The Strike
First aired: 12/18/1997
Writer: Daniel O'Keefe, Alec Berg, Jeff Schaffer
Director: Andy Ackerman
Guest star: Jerry Stiller (Frank Costanza), Estelle Harris (Estelle
Costanza), Bryan Cranston (Whatley) , Daniel Von Bargen (Kruger), Karen
Fineman (Gwen), Kevin McDonald (Denim Vest), Tracy Letts (Counterguy),
Amit Itelman (Employee), Stacey Herring (Sandy), Colin Malone (Sleazy
Guy), Jerry Dixon (Customer), Suzanne Krull (Gwen), Dave Florek (Harry)

Global rating: 8.56

George, Elaine and Jerry attend Tim Whatley's Hanukkah party. Jerry
meets an attractive woman with whom he sets up a date. Elaine meets a
man in a bad denim vest and gives him her fake number. George is
offended by Whatley's gift to him, a donation in his name to a charity.
George is also reminded of the Festivus holiday his father created many
years ago. Elaine's quest to become a submarine captain and get her
free sub sandwich is ruined when she realizes she used her punch card
at the party to give her fake number to the denim vested guy. Kramer
gets word he can return to his job at the bagel place, it seems he has
been on strike for the past 12 years. Elaine goes to the place, an
off-track betting parlor, that her fake number reaches. She wanted to
give them her real number, so when the denim vest guy calls, she can
connect with him. The men at the parlor are interested in connecting
with her, so she gives the number for the bagel shop where Kramer is
working. Jerry meets his date, Gwen, at a restaurant, but it turns out
she is two-faced. Sometimes Gwen looks great, other times she's plain;
it all depends on the viewer's angle and the lighting. George decides
to use the Whatley approach when giving out Christmas gifts at Krugers;
however, he makes up his own charity called the "Human Fund." Kramer is
intrigued by the concept of the Festivus holiday and contacts Frank,
who becomes excited at the prospect of rekindling "Festivus for the
rest-of-us." Kramer asks to get the 23rd of December off, when he can't
get it, he resumes the strike; meanwhile Elaine waits at the bagel
place for a phone call from the denim vest guy. The look of Jerry's
girlfriend keeps changing. Jerry decides that Gwen looks best in the
back booth at Monk's, something she grows to dislike. George passes out
his gifts at Krugers and reaps great rewards. Kramer warns Elaine about
the sabotage he committed; the bagel place becomes very steamy and
makes Elaine look ugly. Kruger gives George a check for donates $20,000
to the "Human Fund" and later accounting informs him the charity
doesn't exist. Gwen finds out from Kramer that Jerry is seeing another
woman, Kramer has seen her and she's not Gwen. Gwen thinks Jerry is
two-timing her with an ugly woman. George tries to convince Kruger that
he passed out the fake gift cards because he didn't want to be
ridiculed for the holiday his family traditionally celebrates,
Festivus. To prove it, George brings Kruger to his father's Festivus
dinner, where everyone comes together.
l***@fake.com
2005-12-12 17:41:34 UTC
Post by J***@hotmail.co.uk
Episode 166. The Strike
Guest star: ... KarenFineman (Gwen),
Suzanne Krull (Gwen),
Two different actresses playing the same Gwen?

So it wasn't just the lightning then?
I actually thought it was, together with some
make up and other dirty tricks.

Lars
Stockholm
TheNewsGuy(Mike)
2005-12-12 18:01:54 UTC
Post by l***@fake.com
Post by J***@hotmail.co.uk
Episode 166. The Strike
Guest star: ... KarenFineman (Gwen),
Suzanne Krull (Gwen),
So it wasn't just the lightning then?
I actually thought it was, together with some
make up and other dirty tricks.
Where did you find that?

All the scripts I have seen show only Karen Fineman as "Gwen".
--
Seinfeld Lists
http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym

LOST - ScreenSnaps & Sawyer's Nicknames
http://tinyurl.com/a2r2r
a***@gmail.com

http://tinyurl.com/a2r2r
Mark Mellin
2005-12-13 19:38:33 UTC
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Post by l***@fake.com
Post by J***@hotmail.co.uk
Episode 166. The Strike
Guest star: ... KarenFineman (Gwen),
Suzanne Krull (Gwen),
So it wasn't just the lightning then?
I actually thought it was, together with some
make up and other dirty tricks.
Wow, same here.
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Where did you find that?
All the scripts I have seen show only Karen Fineman as "Gwen".
Here's the imdb entry from Suzanne Krull's Notable TV Guest Appearances:

<http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0006816/>

"Seinfeld" playing "Gwen" in episode: "The Strike"
(episode # 9.10) 18 December 1997

- Mark
--
Mark Mellin ULmar 9 - 5470
Mailstop 408-85 Menlo Park, CA 94025-3493 USA
Rerics
2005-12-13 21:00:04 UTC
Post by Mark Mellin
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Where did you find that?
All the scripts I have seen show only Karen Fineman as "Gwen".
<http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0006816/>
"Seinfeld" playing "Gwen" in episode: "The Strike"
(episode # 9.10) 18 December 1997
Boy, after all these years, you learn something new. Googling both
Suzanne Krull and Karen Fineman comes up with numerous references to
Gwen #1 and #2.

Rerics
Uncle Vince
2005-12-14 02:20:53 UTC
Post by Rerics
Boy, after all these years, you learn something new. Googling both
Suzanne Krull and Karen Fineman comes up with numerous references to
Gwen #1 and #2.
I think, in the credits for that episode, one of the actresses was credited
as the ugly Gwen and the other actress was credited as the attractive
version of Gwen.

Until I paid attention to the credits--having seen the episode a number of
times--I always assumed it was the same actress. Ugly Gwen and Pretty Gwen
didn't look that different to me.
TheNewsGuy(Mike)
2005-12-14 03:11:55 UTC
Post by Uncle Vince
Post by Rerics
Boy, after all these years, you learn something new. Googling both
Suzanne Krull and Karen Fineman comes up with numerous references to
Gwen #1 and #2.
I think, in the credits for that episode, one of the actresses was credited
as the ugly Gwen and the other actress was credited as the attractive
version of Gwen.
Until I paid attention to the credits--having seen the episode a number of
times--I always assumed it was the same actress. Ugly Gwen and Pretty Gwen
didn't look that different to me.
I just captured some screen snaps from the episode. I think there were
two "Gwens" but not a pretty one and an ugly one. I think the Gwen that
enters the Costanza house at the end is a different actress from the
Gwen we were seeing throughout the episode. I think we saw Karen
Fineman as the Pretty/Ugly Gwen for most of the episode and then for
some reason, maybe she was not available, they had to use a similar
actress, Suzanne Krull, for the final scene.

Here are my screen snaps.. http://tinyurl.com/dlhec

What do you think?

http://tinyurl.com/a2r2r
Noone
2005-12-14 06:41:56 UTC
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Post by Uncle Vince
Post by Rerics
[...]
From those pictures I have to say that the last and the first pic are
clearly the same woman, Karen Fineman. Only sensible solution must be
that Suzanne Krull played the ugly Gwen for whole show.

TV Guide says...
Episode Detail: Seinfeld The Strike
"Kramer returns to work after his 12-year strike is settled; Jerry dates
a woman whose appearance fluctuates; George gives holiday gifts in his
co-workers' names to a fraudulent charity. Gwen: Karen Fineman.
Different Gwen: Suzanne Krull. Kramer: Michael Richards."
Phil R.
2005-12-14 20:23:06 UTC
Post by Noone
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Post by Uncle Vince
Post by Rerics
[...]
From those pictures I have to say that the last and the first pic are
clearly the same woman, Karen Fineman. Only sensible solution must be
that Suzanne Krull played the ugly Gwen for whole show.
TV Guide says...
Episode Detail: Seinfeld The Strike
"Kramer returns to work after his 12-year strike is settled; Jerry dates
a woman whose appearance fluctuates; George gives holiday gifts in his
co-workers' names to a fraudulent charity. Gwen: Karen Fineman.
Different Gwen: Suzanne Krull. Kramer: Michael Richards."
You know, sometimes they credit actresses on shows, and cut them (or
not use them). But they're still credited. Because looking at the
photos, there's no way that Suzanne Krull is in any of the "The
Strike" scenes. They might have went with a different actress for the
"ugly" shots, but decided to just go with the non-make-up, put
something under her upper lip to make it look different, etc. etc.
It's definitely the same actress doing both parts.

--Phil
Uncle Vince
2005-12-15 17:40:44 UTC
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
I just captured some screen snaps from the episode. I think there were
two "Gwens" but not a pretty one and an ugly one.
[snip]
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
What do you think?
Well, the Ugly/Pretty Gwen look similar but so does the screenshot of the
other actress playing Gwen. Ahh, my head!

l***@fake.com
2005-12-14 00:08:11 UTC
Post by TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Post by l***@fake.com
Post by J***@hotmail.co.uk
Episode 166. The Strike
Guest star: ... KarenFineman (Gwen),
Suzanne Krull (Gwen),
So it wasn't just the lightning then?
I actually thought it was, together with some
make up and other dirty tricks.
Where did you find that?
Here, in the very post I was commenting;
From www.tv.com/show/112/episode_guide.html&printable=1

Stockholm
Eric Buchanan
2005-12-12 00:38:08 UTC
It's this one (and one of the best of that season):

THE STRIKE

(Episode 164): George, Elaine and Jerry attend Tim Whatley's Hanukkah party.
[...]
changing and he decides that she looks best in the back booth at Monk's,
something she grows to dislike. George passes out his gifts at Krugers and
reaps great rewards. Kramer warns Elaine about the sabotage he committed,
the bagel place becomes very steamy and makes Elaine look ugly. Kruger
gives George a check for donates $20,000 to the "Human Fund" and later
accounting informs him the charity doesn't exist. Gwen finds out from
Kramer that Jerry is seeing another woman, Kramer has seen her and she's
not Gwen. Gwen thinks Jerry is two timing her with an ugly woman. George
tries to convince Kruger that he passed out the fake gift cards because he
didn't want to be ridiculed for the holiday his family traditionally
celebrates, Festivus. To prove it, George brings Kruger to his father's
Festivus dinner, where everyone comes together. Air Date 18 December 1997
Post by w***@yahoo.com
Don't know the name, but it's the one with Festivus. And the one where
George gives everyone at his office a gift in the form of a donation to
"The Human Fund." Also in this one, Kramer goes back to work at a
bagel shop.
--
Delete the "REMOVE" and "DELETE" from my email address.
http://members.usol.com/~argentina97
Bot Bait: ***@loopback, ***@LocALHost.CoM
CatWalker
2005-12-12 04:57:25 UTC
Wow! That was a quick response. Thanks folks. To add to my luck,
that very episode is the only one I see posted in
alt.binaries.multimedia.comedy.seinfeld at the moment. Sadly though,
it appears to be corrupted (even with the pars posted). If anyone
knows where I can get it (via usenet, bittorrent, limewire, etc) I
would appreciate it.

Thanks again.
"Serenity Now"
CatWalker
CatWalker.
CatWalker
2005-12-12 06:12:05 UTC
Update: I found the episode doing a search using Limewire. I also
found another of my all time favorite episodes: Bizarro Jerry (the one
with the woman who has "man hands").

CatWalker.
CatWalker
TheNewsGuy(Mike)
2005-12-12 13:47:25 UTC
Post by CatWalker
Wow! That was a quick response. Thanks folks. To add to my luck,
that very episode is the only one I see posted in
alt.binaries.multimedia.comedy.seinfeld at the moment. Sadly though,
it appears to be corrupted (even with the pars posted). If anyone
knows where I can get it (via usenet, bittorrent, limewire, etc) I
would appreciate it.
Mininova TV seems to have all Seinfeld episodes:

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=seinfeld