Seinfeld DVD Video Quality
Brad Griffis
2005-01-04 01:37:55 UTC
I just bought seasons 1-3 of Seinfeld on DVD and I am a bit disappointed
with the video quality. The DVDs are of lower quality than what is being
broadcast on tv! I was able to compare an episode on tv with the exact
episode on the dvd and the tv was definitely superior.

Why on earth did they put out a DVD of POORER quality than they are
broadcasting? Has anyone else noticed this? This is especially
disappointing given that the box was touting a "high definition transfer".

Brad
Noone

http://lyhytlinkki.net/?5eikv5zs
l***@fake.com
2005-01-04 11:58:01 UTC
Post by Brad Griffis
Why on earth did they put out a DVD of POORER quality
than they are broadcasting?
Poorer quality? Where did you buy those?

My DVD's give much better picture than what I get on TV.

Lars
Stockholm
Brad Griffis
2005-01-04 13:43:24 UTC
Post by l***@fake.com
Post by Brad Griffis
Why on earth did they put out a DVD of POORER quality
than they are broadcasting?
Poorer quality? Where did you buy those?
My DVD's give much better picture than what I get on TV.
Lars
Stockholm
My wife bought them for me at Target. I'm comparing the episodes on the DVD
to episodes I receive on digital cable. I imagine most people wouldn't
notice. However, I've got a 56" HDTV and it's plain as day.

Brad
lugnut
2005-01-04 16:22:44 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:43:24 GMT, "Brad Griffis"
Post by Brad Griffis
Post by l***@fake.com
Post by Brad Griffis
Why on earth did they put out a DVD of POORER quality
than they are broadcasting?
Poorer quality? Where did you buy those?
My DVD's give much better picture than what I get on TV.
Lars
Stockholm
My wife bought them for me at Target. I'm comparing the episodes on the DVD
to episodes I receive on digital cable. I imagine most people wouldn't
notice. However, I've got a 56" HDTV and it's plain as day.
Brad
I dunno, they certainly look better than what's being shown in
syndication here. When they show newer episodes, there's not a
problem, but episodes from (especially) the first two always look very
"washed-out" and faded when they air them in syndication on our Fox
channel, whereas the DVDs looked crisp and bright.

-lugnut
l***@yahoo.com
2005-01-04 16:28:07 UTC
Post by Brad Griffis
Post by Brad Griffis
notice. However, I've got a 56" HDTV and it's plain as day.
I've got a 57" sony and they look fine. Are you sure you're comparing
the same episodes and/or season? I would imagine older shows aren't
going to look as good as the later ones because of camera technology.
Brad Griffis
2005-01-06 13:46:20 UTC
Post by Brad Griffis
Post by Brad Griffis
Post by Brad Griffis
notice. However, I've got a 56" HDTV and it's plain as day.
I've got a 57" sony and they look fine. Are you sure you're comparing
the same episodes and/or season? I would imagine older shows aren't
going to look as good as the later ones because of camera technology.
I'm positive it was the same episode/season. I couldn't have sync'd them up
otherwise!

Is that a 57" *HD* TV or just a "regular"? Also, is that an analog or
digital signal you're receiving?

Brad

southpawArcher
2005-01-04 19:58:09 UTC
Post by Brad Griffis
I just bought seasons 1-3 of Seinfeld on DVD and I am a bit
disappointed with the video quality. The DVDs are of lower quality
than what is being broadcast on tv! I was able to compare an episode
on tv with the exact episode on the dvd and the tv was definitely
superior.
Why on earth did they put out a DVD of POORER quality than they are
broadcasting? Has anyone else noticed this? This is especially
disappointing given that the box was touting a "high definition transfer".
Brad
There's an easter-egg on one of the discs showing the 'before' and
'after' treatments of a few episodes.

Take a look:

Start disc 4 of the season 1-2 set, and go to the setup menu.
Highlight "Episodes" and press 'up'; a gravy stain will be highlighted.
Press Select on your remote.

IMO, I think they've done a good job.
--
sA